By Marah Grant on in Personal with 5 Comments
I have a million things running through my brain this morning. Maybe a billion. I’m trying to tie up all the lose ends from all my recent weddings before I shoot another this weekend. I’m making check lists like crazy, but I still feel like I’m forgetting something major. I’m trying to read a book before I meet with a friend for our private book club today. I’m nursing a small burn on my temple from my straightener. I’m wearing far too much eye makeup… but really, is there such a thing as too much? I’m thinking about my possible new diet and how much I already hate it even though I haven’t started it yet.
SO… since I can’t seem to focus on a theme for the day… this post won’t bother with that either. Here’s a little of what’s going on with me.
PLEASE, after reading my list, tell me one random thing about YOUR day in the comment section! I’d love to feel like I’m not alone with my Wednesday Induced ADHD.
- I hate that I just used the word “random”. It irritates me to death when people overuse that word. Same goes for “awkward”. Let’s just drop those two words for a while, ok?
- I am currently in LOVE with the show An Idiot Abroad it’s killing me to wait for David to get home so I can watch another episode. It’s educational and hilarious all at the same time.
- I’m about to start this diet. For the rest of my life probably. It means the end of pizza, and cocktails, and pretty much everything else I enjoy. I’m angry about it. Maybe I’ll be able to blog more about that at some point, but at this point I’m too angry about giving up so many things that I love.
- I’ve been taking hour-long (minimum) walks lately with my dog Lucy. It’s my absolute favorite part of the day. It makes both of us deliriously happy. I seriously catch myself grinning like an idiot as I walk briskly letting the lake breeze slap my face.
- Part of the reason I love the walks is because my neighborhood is soooooooo absolutely, beautifully, amazingly gorgeous. I can’t believe that I live here! It’s crazy!
- I cannot stop listening to the Gotye song Someone That I Used to Know. I’m glad we’ve moved to digital media because if it were on tape, I’d have worn it out by now.
- I’m reading Crazy Love and just about every word of this book is making me squirm. I think that’s a sign that my soul is unwell. There are other signs, but that one seems to be the most unsettling.
- I’ve made some new friends lately that actually take the time to pursue me. I feel unworthy and overwhelmed.
- Sometimes working out your aggression needs to take the form of a furious dance party for one in your kitchen. It NEEEEEDS!
- I’m a hypocrite who celebrates the natural beauty of others yet is currently deeply dissatisfied with what the good Lord gave her and wishes she had it “going on” in a more conventional way.
- I’ve found myself having super hero daydreams lately. I wish I could run up walls and do cool flips. You know, swoop in at the last minute. All that. It’d be cool. It’d come in handy in fighting human trafficking.
“Enough about me, let’s talk about you for a minute! Enough about you, let’s talk about life for a while!The conflict, the craziness, and the sound of pretenses falling, all around, all around.“
Meg and James, thanks again for the flask. It’s quite a conversation piece… And several people have tried to steal it from me. I love it!